May 27, 2011

Girly Pirate, Yarrr!

This cake was super fun to make!

We got a call for a small, six inch smash cake for a little girl's first birthday. The client sent us this photo as the theme for the party.


Joanne decided to try and recreate the little skull onto the cake. This is how it turned out:


Cute!


It was fun playing around with different tools to make the skull and bones. The bones were made using a cutter in the shape of a wrench and the knot on the bandana was made using a cutter in the shape of a fish, from which I used just the tail.


I would have loved to make the matching cupcakes, so I'm holding out for another pirate-themed order! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey :) This was my daughter's cake and I just thought that I would let you know, that it was a huge hit!! :) Everyone absolutely loved the look of it, and Ayla ate her fill! (and then mommy ate hers lol) It smelled delicious and tasted just as good. I can't wait for another occasion to come up so I can order another one from you.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete